Non-Spec materials will be down graded, deducted or reclassified.
All materials must be clean and free of water, oil, grease, plastic, glass, rubber, or foreign attachments.
Ex: Aluminum cans contaminated with water, ice, gravel, sand, tobacco juice, cigarette butts or vomit are unacceptable.
- Clean Aluminum: Most aluminum grades that are clean and free of contamination. Size requirements are open and material can be most any size. Painted or anodized materials are acceptable.
- Unclean Aluminum:Aluminum with up to 8% of foreign attachments by weight or degree of difficulty to clean.
- Aluminum Breakage:Aluminum recyclables with greater than 8% of foreign attachments but less than 40%. Aluminum recoveries of a minimum of 50% - 60% must be achievable. Materials with lower recovery rates will be graded as sheet iron.
- Aluminum Turnings/Borings: Clean chips void of stainless steel and ferrous contamination. Coolant must be drained from chips before selling.
- Aluminum Siding: Clean siding, soffit, facia, and gutters. No staples, nails, spikes, brackets, tar or shingles.
- Aluminum Rims: Clean aluminum rims. No lead, plastic stems or steel.
- Aluminum Radiators: Clean radiators. No coolant, plastic, steel, brackets or dirt.
- Aluminum/Copper Radiators: Same as Aluminum radiators.
- Bare Bright: Material must be bare and bright. No discoloration, solder, plastic, rubber or steel.
- #1 Copper: Clean copper tubing and wire with a minimum strand diameter of greater than .109”. No solder, plastic, rubber or steel.
- #2 Copper: Copper tubing and small diameter wire. No plastic, rubber or steel.
- #1 Insulated Copper Wire: Copper wire with insulation with a minimum strand diameter of .109” and a copper recovery greater than 70%.
- #2 Insulated Copper Wire: Copper wire with insulation having a copper recovery greater than 55.
- #3 Insulated Copper Wire (Comm): Communication conductor having a copper recovery greater than 30%.
- Stainless Steel: Material that is clean and free of contaminants. Maximum material size 5’ X 5’. Deductions may be made depending on degree of difficulty to down size material.
- 316 Stainless Steel: Stainless steel that is line marked or stamped as 316 or 316L stainless and is free of contaminates.
- Electric Motors: Electric motors, armatures, starters and alternators without large base plates, gear drives or other substantial attachments.
- Batteries:Lead core wet cell batteries. Sealed cases with acid are o.k. Cracked or broken cases must be drained of acid. No alkaline or lithium batteries.
- Prepared 3’ Foundry: Iron with maximum size of 36” across longest dimension (diagonal). Maximum weight of 250# per piece. Maximum size of 6” and minimum thickness of 1/8”. No contamination or foreign attachments (grease, oil, manure, aluminum, copper, rubber, glass, plastic or rubbish).
- Note: Nails, staples etc are out of spec. Barrels and buckets are non-spec as well. Paint is o.k.
- Unprepared Iron: Mixed iron materials with a minimum thickness of 1/8”. No maximum size restriction. Farm machinery with guards is o.k.
- Tin/Sheet Iron: Thin gauge material and mixed materials. No maximum size restriction. Some foreign attachments o.k. No rubbish allowed.
- Car and Lt Truck Rims: Max tire size-17”. No mags, plastic, magnesium, lead, wheel weights, stems or chrome.
- Clean Auto Cast: Clean brake rotors, brake drums, blocks, manifolds and heads. Blocks must have heads off, manifolds off and cranks out. Heads may have valves and rockers attached. Antilock brake hubs are non-spec due to copper attachments. Max piece weight is 250#; diesel blocks must be broken or down sized.
- Unclean Motors (Pans Off): Engines and transmissions drained of all fluids (pans off). Diesel motors with greater than 4 cylinders will be classified as diesel motors due to their weight. No disassembly required.
- #1 Prepared Machine Cast: Machine Cast free of foreign attachments with a maximum weight of 250# and maximum size of 24”X24”X24”.
- Unbreakable Cast and Counterweights: Machine Cast with a cross section thickness greater than 4” at any point. No maximum size or weight.
- Unprepared Stove Cast/#2 Cast/Sewer Cast: Stove Cast greater than 24” maximum dimension includes items such as sewer pipes, stoves manifolds, boiler manifolds, bath tubs and sinks. Enamel is o.k. No size or weight restrictions. Minimal foreign attachments.
Marshfield Scrap Company
2304 S Galvin Ave, Marshfield, WI, 54449